BREAKING News Out Of Florida… Here’s What We Know
Blunt Truth- THIS is the very reason every American should carry and have training…
The sheriff’s deputy who was on duty at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School but failed to go in and confront the gunman has resigned to avoid being suspended, Breitbart reports.
Broward County’s Sheriffs Deputy Scot Peterson, was assigned to Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School as the School Resource Officer (SRO).
googletag.cmd.push(function() googletag.display(‘div-gpt-ad-1489079933467-4’); );
The deputy was on duty and armed, surveillance video shows the sheriff deputy hiding behind a concrete column leading up to a stairwell, outside, as the shooter opened up inside the High School.
Fox News reports that The sheriff said that he suspended Peterson without pay pending an internal investigation, but the officer resigned and retired.
This shooting is turning into another Vegas style event where information being released and those involved, do not add up and mainstream media releases all sorts of misinformation.
googletag.cmd.push(function() googletag.display(‘div-gpt-ad-1489079933467-3’); );
Blunt Truth is, this proves why Americans need to conceal and carry and the anti-gun groups argument, “People do not need guns because that’s what police are for”, is blown out of the water.
I find the actions of the deputy to be extreme cowardice and he must be held accountable for not carrying out his duty and engaging the shooter. Those teens died because he failed to do his duty, he obviously has no valor, honor and needs to also have his pension stripped.
According to School Safety Net, the role of an SRO is as follows:
School Resource Officer Job Description
The following is an example of a School Resource Officers Job Description, taking into account the position three main roles and responsibilities: law enforcement officer, law-related counselor, and law-related educator.
googletag.cmd.push(function() googletag.display(‘div-gpt-ad-1489079933467-2’); );
- Provide law enforcement and police services to the school, school grounds and areas adjacent to the school. Investigate allegations of criminal incidents per police department policies and procedures. Enforce state and local laws and ordinances. Make appropriate referrals to juvenile authorities or other governmental agencies.
- Work to prevent juvenile delinquency through close contact and positive relationships with students. In addition the SRO shall develop crime prevention programs and conduct security inspections to deter criminal or delinquent activities. The SRO should monitor crime statistics and work with local patrol officers and students together to design crime prevention strategies
- Establish and maintain a close partnership with school administrators in order to provide for a safe school environment. Assist school officials with their efforts to enforce Board Of Education policies and procedures. Ensure school administrator safety by being present during school searches, which may involve weapons, controlled dangerous substances or in such cases that, the student’s emotional state may present a risk to the administrator. Assist school administrators in emergency crisis planning and building security matters. Provide a course of training for school personnel in handling crisis situations, which may arise at the school.
- Be visible within the school community. Attend and participate in school functions. Build working relationships with the school’s staff as well as with student and parent groups.
- Develop and implement classes in law related education to support the educational efforts of the faculty. Work closely with teachers in designing and presenting law-related topics and the role of police in our society.
- Work with guidance counselors and other student support staff to assist students and to provide services to students involved in situations where referrals to service agencies are necessary. Assist in conflict resolution efforts.
- Initiate interaction with students in the classroom and general areas of the school building. Promote the profession of police officer and be a positive role model. Increase the visibility and accessibility of police to the school community.
Chris “Badger” Thomas is a Veteran who served our country as an Army Combat Medic.
TOGETHER WE WILL MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!
FOLLOW us on Facebook at Nation In Distress!
Please like and share on Facebook and Twitter!
Source: Americas Freedom Fighters