Rep. Trey Gowdy goes after FBI Director James Comey on Monday in front of the House Intelligence Committee. Gowdy asked some hard questions as he described what awaited any Obama officials who had helped create classified, anti-Trump intelligence and gave it to the media.
“There are statutory safeguards, there are warrants based on probable cause, there is a (Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act) court that is involved, there are audits on the back end,” Gowdy said. “And we think so highly of this material, it is a felony, punishable by up to 10 years in federal prison, to unlawfully disseminate it.”
“All of this was done to make sure this information gathered remains protected as it relates to U.S. citizens.”
In his questioning, Gowdy pushed Comey hard on how the leaks should be treated.
- Gowdy: Do you agree much of what is learned from these programs is classified or otherwise legally protected?
- Comey: All FISA applications reviewed by the court collection by us pursuant to our FISA authority is classified.
- Gowdy: The dissemination of which is a felony punishable by up to 10 years in prison?
- Comey: Sure, dissemination — unauthorized dissemination.
- Gowdy: Unauthorized dissemination of classified or otherwise legally protected material punishable by a felony up to 10 years in federal prison.
- Comey: Yes. Yes, as it should be.
If any wrong doing can be proved, some of Obama’s people are looking at some real jail time. When it comes to scandals, Obama and his administration are at the top of the list.
What do you think?
Help spread the truth and share this on Facebook and Twitter along with your comments!